Welcome to the Highland Park/East Liberty Bike/Ped Committee’s website. Established in 2015, as committed citizens we are enthusiastically looking to improve the streets that we live in. Our mission statement is as follows:
“The Highland Park/East Liberty Bicycle/Pedestrian Committee is a group of residents dedicated to identifying, prioritizing, and advocating for the implementation of infrastructural improvements that make our streets safer and livable for everyone.”
This past year we have worked on various projects including:
- Working with BikePGH and other bike/ped committees to petition for city money to be set aside for bike/ped needs.
- Highland Park Community Council Meeting
- City-Wide Public Meeting
- Quarterly Bike/Ped Committee Meetings
- Signing petitions for safer streets in the communities we bisect on commutes to/from work
- Community advocacy through the Highland Park Yard Sale and Bryant Street Festival
- Participating in May as Bike Month
- Pittsburgh City’s bike count project
- Many 311 pothole blitzes
- Establishing our group
- Starting our Facebook Group
- And much more
We are currently starting projects to erect bike racks, gather data to help install bike lanes, and help with sidewalk infrastructure. We are always looking for help, suggestions, and comments. Please join our Google Group to receive updates as well as Like our Facebook.
Here’s to a great first year and bright future for 2016.
-The Highland Park/ East Liberty Bike/Ped Committee